Featured post

Antidote - Simple Plan

Canadian 5-piece  Simple Plan  released new debut single  The Antidote  over a week ago and it does not disappoint. The group is known for t...

Sunday 13 May 2018

Bronnie - Rejex Tour

 

On the 5th May 2017, Bronnie Hughes released her first EP called Social Rejex and then in January 2018 Bronnie went on her first ever headline tour known as the Rejex tour. Starting January 13th in Glasgow and ending on a high in her hometown Liverpool on January 28th. I not only had the pleasure of going to the Liverpool tour date to see her extremely talented performance but I also got to meet her as well as interview her. Still multiple weeks later and the day still feels surreal.

First off, before even getting into the venue I had interviewed 6 fans of Bronnie and to those 6 girls, I thank you for being so patient with me, I was a nervous wreck. You girls made me feel so much more at ease once i'd interviewed you guys, even if there were a few disruptions along the way. Then getting inside the venue which I have been in once before I started to feel much better, the closer it got to the performance the less I was thinking about the interview and the more fun I begun to have. Multiple pieces of footage filmed and a few conversations later and everything was starting. Galaxy Thief, the more I listen to their music and see them live the more I fall in love. The verse, the more I follow on instagram and twitter, the more I cannot wait for the next tour they support. Lunafall, the more I see on social media and the more I listen to them, the more thankful I am, that I'm open to new music.

Bronnie, if you are reading this thank you. From the bottom of my heart thank you. If you had seen what a blubbering mess I was compared to when I interviewing you, you wouldn't have gotten much conversation out of me. You made me feel welcome and made me feel like I can actually do something. In terms of everything else I found that my day went super smoothly and I'm super happy with everything that came out of that day. Including hearing some of Bronnie's new music which is epic. Personal opinion obviously however anyone who enjoys punk rock style music then it is pretty ideal. So much epicness to reach around a rather large but tightknit crowd. My extremely happy place.


Galaxy Thief, once again have graced me with their presence. First time I saw them perform was at THE HARA's Only Young tourand now here at Bronnie's Rejex tour. It was a great feeling seeing them on stage again, the energy they bring is amazing, great way to kick off the gig. You guys are so talented, I'm awaiting the day you release your EP so I can have your songs on repeat throughout my days, and long for the next show I see you at.

 
The Verse. First time seeing you guys live, when you were announced for tour I looked on youtube for any songs you guys did to prepare myself. You guys are even more amazing in person, than I could have dreamed. You guys are so genuine and are lovely to be around and I cannot wait to be at your headline show someday watching support acts seeing how far you guys have come.
 


Lunafall. You guys rocked. I have to admit not what I was expecting but that being said I was expecting to enjoy your set as well as the others and I did. You guys killed it. I cannot believe I'd never heard of you until the Rejex tour, but I wouldn't have it any other way because i'm so happy to have seen you. I can't wait to hear more music from you guys but your songs are epic.

 
Last, but definately not least Bronnie. This was the first time that I was seeing you live and for sure won't be the last. You rock. That's the only word i can use to describe this day because otherwise i'm renderd speechless. The amount of love and devotion you show fans, is honourable and to support you, is the greatest feeling. You're such a strong and powerful woman who is so inspiring. You're a role model and i'm not the only fan that thinks so. Everything you do, and everything you are is what makes me love you and be 100% devoted to you because not only are you talented but your beauty shines through your lyrics and you're such a strong inspiration to all the fans that support you. You're a beautiful person, inside and out and i'm so excited to be on this journey with you. Headline shows in small venues is where it begins, one day you will sell out arenas and rock it just like Good Charlotte.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Disclaimer; This post was originally posted in February but the more I looked at the post the more I saw it lacking something so I have been working on it and feel it is better than my original so this is a repost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.